NOTE: Please do NOT APPLY if you are:
- A person who brings his/her personal problems into the workplace. The environment and culture of positive energy and encouragement is critical we don’t let anyone mess it up.
- A person who thinks only of their own gain. This job is a professional service. Not a way to pass your time as you “find out what you want to do in life”.
- Not willing to work hard, be humble and learn. We can teach all the skills, but they take effort and study to master. There is no other way to improve.
- A person who likes to bring negative energy to a team. If you swear, gossip or don’t know how to put team goals ahead of personal comfort, this is also not the place for you. Even though we take individual responsibility for our own progress and skills, we work as a team to help clients maximise their results.
From: Coach Jonathan Wong
Director, Genesis Gym Singapore
We are always on the lookout for the right people to join our team either part time or full time. If you feel you have a genuine care for helping others maximize their health and fitness, and want to make client results your priority then a future at the Genesis Gym may be a good fit for you. As long as you walk the talk, and are willing to selflessly go the extra mile to care for clients, then you have a chance.
Our 3 level in-house training program will cover the exact methods that we use to help our clients get results. If you show the right stuff, you can progress up these levels for long term career progression.
These are classes I teach to staff about coaching, nutrition, anatomy, how to coach effectively etc. These are NOT “how to hard sell clients” classes which are the main bulk of other in house education programs.
All staff are expected to have the desire to learn just as I do. The more we all learn, the more people we can help and the better results they get – and the better business will be for all of us. It is truly a win-win-win situation.
Some other characteristics that are useful are:
- High character and integrity
- Experience in sports and exercise particularly strength training
- Experience working in other related jobs
- Certifications in personal training or strength and conditioning
- Communication skills and command of English
One more thing, please don’t expect to work here if you don’t spend time training and living a healthy life yourself. Your “video” must match your “audio” i.e. you must be a great example. I have seen fat too many “personal trainers” who drink excessively, smoke, are overweight and in general set a bad example. They will not fit in at Genesis.
After all, if your dentist had teeth that had black and yellow stains everywhere, you would certainly not look to him for dental advice. The same holds true for health and fitness.
If you are interested, please fill in the form on the contact page with the subject “employment” in the “your question” segment. Also fill in your experience details and some reasons why you feel you would be a good fit for our clients and our center. We will get back to you with the schedule for the next intern training sessions which you may be invited to join if you are suitable. After these sessions both you and I will have a feel if we are a good fit for each other.